The Girl and Her Lilac Dreams!

Let there be Sunshine,

Resplendent and bright.

Let there be the music

Of your unsung might.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Life has become a perpetual wait for weekends. And even weekends bring no respite. This is what happens when you have a prodigious work pressure and you are simultaneously preparing for one of the toughest MBA entrance examinations of the world. The tremendous amount of competition that we face in India, thanks to the enormous population, makes it extremely challenging to get into a really good institution.

When I was in shool, I read the poem 'Leisure' by William Henry Davis. At that time, I did not know what it is to live a life devoid of 'Leisure', hence I was unable to comprehend the depth of the poem. Now when I'm seated in my office bus, headed to my work-place, I know what it is to live a life devoid of leisure, when you don't even have a second to devote to yourself, when you don't even have time to sit and stare blankly, as you speed past the magnificent Mumbai skyscrappers. And you find yourself craving for an uneventful day.

Sometimes I wish I could go back to the simple innocent days of the past. But then at this stage of life, success becomes an addiction. You find yourself endlessly chasing success, till it consumes you. This kind of life has become my habit, and I don't think I would be happy if I try to leave this life behind, and try leading a 'simple' life. And as they say, 'Every cloud has a silver lining', I wish I would be able to find my 'silver lining' soon!

No comments: