The Girl and Her Lilac Dreams!

Let there be Sunshine,

Resplendent and bright.

Let there be the music

Of your unsung might.

Friday, March 7, 2008

You, you and only you...

I was like a dry leaf floating in the air,
Craving for love and deprived of care,
Like a ship without sails in the ocean of uncertainity,
In a January evening draped in obscurity.....
It was then when you came and held my hand,
Like a titanic wave washing away the foot prints on sand,
You washed away the loneliness from my life,
When you opened your jacket and looked into my eyes....
You sat beside me and hugged me tight,
My heart felt weak against your might....
Your eyes were like a wine, which I could not deny,
It quenched my thirst and made me high...
Hiding in your arms I was so close to you ,
With my elusive heart wondering whether it's a dream or true,
It was then when you whispered in my ears, " I love you",
And you kissed my heart and made my dream come true....
The dream of a moonlit night on a narrow lane,
With you by my side, kissing away my pain....
Of a seaside temple where we are chanting prayers,
With the inexorable waves dashing against the stairs....
You are with me and nothing do I fear,
Near or far, your heart beats I can always hear ;
You are my life, the owner of my heart,
I love you a lot, understood sweet heart?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hmmm...a good piece of poetry for sure. i have read a lot of sayoni now and have grown to be fond of her romantic verses.neither a blank verse,nor rhyming...she balances well between the two.the romanic potraits are well sketched throughout. an additonal advantage for me may have been that i had heard about this epic encounter of her before...so could visualize it better. good work sayoni...and lucky is 'you' of this well written poem.

ARPO GHOSH said...

Wow man !
Awesome....
Especially dat "you, you and only you" one... It was amazing n too gud... I hv alwys appreciated ur work n dis 1 made me ur fan... Amazin u write, not complicated, but EKDUM DIL SE ..."

Sayoni- the solitary dreamer..... said...

hey....thnx everybody...... :)

ARPO GHOSH said...

u deserve it man ......... (oops! woman ) !!!