The Girl and Her Lilac Dreams!

Let there be Sunshine,

Resplendent and bright.

Let there be the music

Of your unsung might.

Monday, March 1, 2010

Love Song of a Springtime Maiden


At times thou make me wonder,
Which song should I dedicate to thee?
I want to sing a song for thee,
A song sung from the bottom of my heart,
Which shalt bring thee very close to me.
The spring time song sung by the birds
Is way beyond my capability,
The love songs sung by generations of poets
Dedicated to star crossed lovers with tragic fates
Are replete with pain, speaking of cruel Destiny.
I am a springtime maiden, devoted to you,
My love is simple and my love is true.
My song might not be assiduous like the koel bird,
Or great enough to be epitaphed in a tragic lover's grave.
Like the first voice of a newborn child,
My song is nascent and my love is naive.
At times thou make me wonder,
Which song should I dedicate to thee?
I'll sing the song which you told me to sing,
As you held me in your arms and we watched the sea.

No comments: